DR. B. WALLBANK
B.Sc. 1970, Lanchester Polytechnic, U.K.
M.Sc. 1971, Essex University, U.K.
Ph.D. 1974, Liverpool University, U.K.
Dr. Tony Weingartshofer
D.Sc. 1955, Université Laval
Member of the Department 1954 - 1988
The Wallbank-Weingartshofer Prize for Experimental Physics is awarded to a graduating student in physics who, in the judgment of the faculty of the StFX Physics Department, has shown particular aptitude for experimental physics. The value of the prize will be $500. The winner of the prize will be announced at convocation.The department uses the following criteria in determining the prize recipient.
- Experimental skill and aptitude as demonstrated in research in the department as well as in the laboratories associated with course work.
- Students in joint degrees with Physics as "Science A" are eligible.
- The winner is not determined on the basis of course grades, but instead, in the judgment of the department, on the basis of a demonstrated particular flair and skill for experimental physics.
- If the department decides that no student meets the criteria in a particular year, the award will not be given.
- No application on the part of the student is necessary.
Winners to date